Wednesday 10 November 2010

Stian Andersen website....

http://www.stianandersen.no/
I looked on Andersen's website and noticed his photography is very dramatic and create an almost 'artificial nature' about them, being that the images look natural but also look very surreal at the same time.

For example:
I like the way he has used the clouds that create a creepy atmosphere that contrast with the comfort of tee sofa and the safety of the umbrella, all seems strange to me.
This one also uses contrast again , suits and newspaper in a forest. It seems perverted in a way of mocking the forest for what the business man has taken from it (newspaper/wood).  Natural looking, but deep down its has a different story.
And this one... I found this rather interesting, using strong contrast again, he mimics the clothes patterns and flat colour with the serene water and the pattern mesh.


I like Stian Andersen's techniques used and I am now convinced that i want to uses contrast contrapuntal objects to create an effect of a clash of danger and isolation with safety and comfort.   


I want to make to capture the way The British Heart Foundation provides help and support and comfort to people in need of help ad support that suffer from an almost invisible disease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment